- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 c (1 ½ sticks) butter, slightly softened
- 1 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ c old-fashioned oats
- 1 ¾ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla to the sugar mixture, and mix well until creamy.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until just mixed.
- Add the oats and mix together. Don’t overmix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and M&M’s with a large spoon until incorporated.
- Place balls of dough, around 2 Tbsp. each, on the parchment sheet. Flatten slightly with a spatula.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes (mine took 10 minutes using a 2 Tbsp. scoop). Make sure not to overbake. The cookies will not be brown and will continue to cook as they cool on the pan.
- If you want, for a more colorful look, press 5 M&M’s into top of each cookie immediately after you take them out of the oven. If you do it before you bake them, the M&M’s crack.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Let come to room temperature before serving. They freeze well.
Recipe by Cook AZ I Do, originally from The Girl Who Ate Everything