Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
With Valentine’s Day coming up, my mind is on chocolate and desserts. This chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake would be perfect to give to friends or loved ones that day. It has all the flavors of a chocolate chip cookie with frosting. What more could you want? How about a filling that pretty much is cookie dough, but without the raw eggs so it is safe to eat. This recipe is perfect for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers in your life. And if you know anyone who isn’t a chocolate chip cookie lover, this just might change their mind.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH CUPCAKE
3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 c light brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 2 2/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c chocolate chips (semisweet or bittersweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cupcake pans with 24 paper liners.
- Using paddle attachment on mixer, combine butter and brown sugar. Cream together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Alternating the dry ingredients and the milk, add to the mixer bowl while mixer is on low-speed, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, mixing each addition until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack until completely cooled.
- While the cupcakes are baking, prepare your cookie dough filling.
Cookie Dough Filling:
- 4 T unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 T light brown sugar, packed
- 1 c plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl on medium-high speed until light and fluffy ( approximately 2 minutes).
- Add flour, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until mixture has firmed up a little bit, (approximately 1 hour).
- After cupcakes have completely cooled, fill the cupcakes by cutting a cone-shaped segment out of the center of each cupcake. Fill each hole with a chunk of the chilled cookie dough mixture.
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) unsalted butter, room temperature.
- 3/4 c light brown sugar, packed
- 3 1/2 c confectioners’ sugar
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 T milk
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Beat butter and brown sugar with the paddle attachment on high-speed until creamy and fluffy.
- Mix in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the flour and salt.
- Mix in milk and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
- Frost cupcakes using a pastry bag and 1M tip. Decorate with mini chocolate chips.
Recipe thanks to Tidy Mom